I used to hate this time of year. ”Back to school” were probably three words I hated more than any other. I know it is easy to say that now I love the idea of “back to school”, since I am long past my school age years; but if I could go back with the knowledge I have now I would do it in an instant.
If you have read our commentaries and newsletters for any amount of time, you would have heard me use this phrase: darkness is not the opposite of light, but the absence thereof. If we are willing to shine our light in the darkness, the darkness must flee. If we decide to hide our light, the darkness will flourish.
Planned Parenthood and the abortion industry have done a great job at bringing the darkness of child killing into our schools. Planned Parenthood starts by promoting sexual promiscuity, distributing contraception and finishing the cycle with abortion when the contraception fails. They have created a culture of free sex and death that enslaves young girls and traps them in their deadly cycle.
It is time for us to shine the light on this darkness and be a witness in our schools. This generation must be willing to stand and expose the lies of Planned Parenthood and free young people from the bondage of their deadly cycles. We must be willing to go against the grain, fight for purity and life; we must Stand True!
We have put together a top ten list of pro-life actions you can take on campus this year.
- Pro-life Day of Silent Solidarity is an annual event that takes place on campuses around the world where students give up their voices for a day to raise awareness for those who lose their voice to abortion every day. Can you give up your voice for a day for those who will never have one? Go to HTTP://WWW.SILENTDAY.ORG to register and get involved. Pro-life Day of Silent Solidarity Fan Page – HTTP://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/PROLIFEDAY
- Start a pro-life group on your campus – This is a great way to identify other pro-life students and come together to create awareness and put on events on your campus. If you need help starting a pro-life group on your campus contact HTTP://WWW.STUDENTSFORLIFE.ORG.
- Wear pro-life t-shirts to school – I have heard many stories about girls who have cancelled abortions after seeing pro-life messages on t-shirts, stickers, posters and more. Go to http://www.prolifeworld.com
- Make pro-life book covers, locker posters and dorm door posters. This is easy, cheap and a great project to do with your friends. You can use some of the popular pro-life sayings like: She’s a Child Not a Choice, Abortion Stops a Beating Heart, Choose Life, or you can be creative and come up with your own slogans.
- Do a diaper drive for your local pregnancy help center or home for unwed mothers. The new Stand True, SFLA and Pro-life Aggies National Community Baby Shower is the perfect tool to do this. https://www.facebook.com/NationalCommunityBabyShowerDay
- Organize students to attend your local March for Life or the national ones in Washington DC or San Francisco in January. Do a Google search to find out if there will be a local March for Life in your area. http://www.marchforlife.org and http://www.walkforlifewc.com
- 40 Days for Life campaign. The 40 Days for Life campaign is one of the most successful pro-life events ever and it takes place for 40 days in both the fall and spring. Go toHTTP://WWW.40DAYSFORLIFE.COM.
- Sidewalk Chalk – If you are on a public college campus sidewalk chalk is perfectly legal and a great way to spread pro-life messages. For public High School Students you can chalk the public sidewalks leading up to campus. It is best to do this early in the morning so every one sees the messages on the way to class.
- Literature table or distribution – On a college campus you can usually get a table out on a public area of campus to distribute literature and set up fetal models or other educational materials. In public high schools it is legal to distribute literature on your free time as long as the other students are willing to take it. If you have any trouble distributing literature you can contact our legal team at HTTP://WWW.ALLIANCEDEFENSEFUND.ORG/. You can order pro-life materials from HTTP://STORE.PROLIFEWORLD.COM ,HTTP://WWW.HH76.COM or HTTP://WWW.PRIESTSFORLIFE.ORG.
- Bring a pro-life speaker to campus or church – For high school and middle school students you can get a local church to sponsor a pro-life youth rally with a pro-life speaker and invite everyone from school. For college students, if there is not a pro-life club on campus that can do this, find a Christian or Republican club that might be able to sponsor a speaker. You can e-mail INFO@STANDTRUE.COM and we can help you find a great pro-life speaker.
These are just a few ideas; we know there are hundreds more ideas and events you can get involved with. The point is to be active and willing to shine the light on your campus.
To get daily pro-life news, quotes, projects and updates make sure you are connected with us:
Stand True Facebook Fan Page – HTTP://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/STANDTRUEFORLIFE
Stand True Twitter – HTTP://WWW.TWITTER.COM/STANDTRUE
Stand True on Instagram – http://instagram.com/standtrueprolife
Stand True on Tumblr – http://standtrueprolife.tumblr.com
Stand True on Pinterest – https://pinterest.com/standtrue/
If you like the work that we are doing here at Stand True please click on consider making a donation to help us continue this lifesaving work – https://donate.cornerstone.cc/?mid=STANDTRUE