Last night I spoke at the Kick of Rally for the Cleveland 40 Day for Life campaign and I excited to see such a huge crowd. I have spoken at a Kick off Rally for the last five 40 Days campaigns and even had the honor of speaking at one campaign where the abortion mill closed forever. Praise God!
This is one of the most important movements in our nations history and the results of the 40 Days campaigns show this:
These efforts have mobilized people of faith and conscience in 337 cities across all 50 of the United States plus six Canadian provinces, three Australian states, and communities in Northern Ireland and Denmark.
During these unified efforts, participants witnessed countless blessings from God:
- 1,085 individual campaigns have taken place in 337 cities
- More than 400,000 have joined together in an historic display of unity to pray and fast for an end to abortion
- More than 13,000 church congregations have participated in the 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Reports document 3,599 lives that have been spared from abortion — and those are just the ones we know about
- 43 abortion workers have quit their jobs and walked away from the abortion industry
- Nine abortion facilities completely shut down following local 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Hundreds of women and men have been spared from the tragic effects of abortion, including a lifetime of regrets
- More than 1,200 news stories have been featured in newspapers, magazines, radio shows and TV programs from coast to coast … and overseas
- Many people with past abortion experiences have stepped forward to begin post-abortion healing and recovery
After so many years of legalized abortion, many people of faith are experiencing a renewed sense of HOPE!
We have been busy at work for weeks with the fight to defund Planned Parenthood and the momentum we are gaining is amazing. I have seen thousands of people getting active in the fight against federal funding for Planned Parenthood, especially young people. I want to see this momentum grow and even turn from simple online, phone and social networking activism, into frontline street activism.
The media has probably made some of you think that street activism is about angry, yelling, crazy protests; it’s not. This is about loving peaceful prayer vigils and sidewalk counseling. I know some of you have probably never stood in front of the abortion mill or done any kind of street activism; you may be nervous. I want to challenge you to step out of your comfort zone and go to the very front lines of the battle to end child killing and stand in the gap for these precious little babies who are being killing by the thousands every day in our country.
Please visit http://www.40daysforlife.com and find out how you can get involved
Here is the vision and mission behind 40 Days for Life
40 Days for Life is a community-based campaign that draws attention to the evil of abortion through the use of a three-point program:
Prayer and fasting
40 Days for Life takes a determined, peaceful approach to showing local communities the consequences of abortion in their own neighborhoods, for their own friends and families. It puts into action a desire to cooperate with God in the carrying out of His plan for the end of abortion in America.
The 40-day campaign tracks Biblical history, where God used 40-day periods to transform individuals, communities … and the entire world. From Noah in the flood to Moses on the mountain to the disciples after Christ’s resurrection, it is clear that God sees the transformative value of His people accepting and meeting a 40-day challenge.
Vision and mission
40 Days for Life is a focused pro-life campaign with a vision to access God’s power through prayer, fasting, and peaceful vigil to end abortion in America.
The mission of the campaign is to bring together the body of Christ in a spirit of unity during a focused 40 day campaign of prayer, fasting, and peaceful activism, with the purpose of repentance, to seek God’s favor to turn hearts and minds from a culture of death to a culture of life, thus bringing an end to abortion in America.